Whenever the Cruz Family goes to Batangas, we love building bonfires at night. Here’s how you can create your own fun bonfire night:
1. Buy hotdogs, marshmallows, and long bbq sticks.
2. Gather dried leaves, sticks, and wood, and pile them up.
3. Get a newspaper and a match. Light the newspaper, and throw it into the gathered pile. To get the fire going, you can also try fanning it.
4. On sticks, cook your hotdogs and marshmallows.
5. Eat up and enjoy.
For more about my awesome Filipino family, check out these links:
- A Childhood in Batangas: Eating Mangoes
- A Childhood in Batangas: My Wound is Bigger than Yours, Belat
- Little Era the Bantay Bata Caller
- Little Erinn and the Suggestion Box
- Conversations With Lola: Aling Dionisia’s Illness
- Annika’s Great Escapes
- Juancho Threw a Rock at Me
Check out The REaD Hunter, an online bookstore that sells second-hand books through Facebook. We ship books all over Metro Manila and selected provinces in the Philippines. Orders made during the week are shipped every Saturday. We accept payment through MLhuillier and Gcash.
Check out my other blog categories.
Age of the Diary by Jasmine T. Cruz. If you like this post, please subscribe to this blog. Follow Ja on Twitter: ageofthediary. Email Ja at: email@example.com.