I got this recipe from a cookbook called Easy Cooking: Step-By-Step by Bev Bennett. I modified the recipe because the one in the book was much more complicated, and I skipped some of the ingredients because they weren’t available in the supermarket. It still turned out delicious though, so I hope you try it out.
1. 20 Tomatoes
2. 1/2 cup butter
3. 2 teaspoons olive oil
3. 1 finely diced red onion
4. 1 small green pepper, seeded and finely diced
5. 1 teaspoon parsley
6. 1 teaspoon basil
7. 1/4 cup tomato paste
8. 2 tablespoons flour
9. 4 cups chicken stock
10. 2 tablespoons brown sugar
11. salt and pepper
12. 1 cup heavy cream
13. 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Boil water. Put tomatoes in boiling water for a few seconds. Remove from water. Take off the skin.
2. Cut the tomatoes.
3. Put olive oil and butter in saucepan. Wait for butter to melt.
4. Add onion and saute until transparent.
5. Add tomatoes.
6. Add basil, parsley, and green pepper.
7. Add tomato paste. Simmer and stir for 10 minutes.
8. Mix flour with chicken broth.
9. Add the tomato mixture. Bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes.
10. Whip cream until stiff. Fold in parmesan cheese.
11. At this point, you can already add a teaspoon of the whip cream mix to the soup and eat the soup. If you want to get rid of the tomato chunks, you have to set it aside to cool, then blender it.
12. Heat it up and add the whip cream mix.
Eat up and enjoy!
For more posts about food and health, check out these links:
- The Philippine Love Affair with Bacteria-Filled Milk
- Homemade Taro Milk Tea Using Good Shepherd Ube Jam
- Copycat Recipe: Coconut Rice Pancakes
- Recook Tasteless Cookies into a Yummy Chocolate Cake
- My New Favorite Milk Tea Place: iTea
- A Yummy Mashup: Skyflakes and Condensada
- Filipino Health Drink: Talbos ng Kamote (Sweet Potato Leaves) Juice
- My Grandma’s Recipe: The Flying Saucer
- 5 Health Tips I Actually Follow
- I Love Papaya!
Check out The REaD Hunter, an online bookstore that sells second-hand books through Facebook. We ship books all over Metro Manila and selected provinces in the Philippines. Orders made during the week are shipped every Saturday. We accept payment through MLhuillier and Gcash.
Check out my other blog categories.
Age of the Diary by Jasmine T. Cruz. If you like this post, please subscribe to this blog. Follow Ja on Twitter: ageofthediary. Email Ja at: firstname.lastname@example.org.