I remember Kuya Paco liked making Little Ja sing Laklak. With my tinsy-winsy voice, I’d go Kabilin-bilinan ng lola, wag uminom ng serbesa, ito’y hindi inuming pambata, mag-softdrinks ka nalang muna.
Sometimes he’d make me sing in front of his friends, and they’d be so amused, especially when I get to the di inuming pambata part. I didn’t understand why they thought it was so funny. I clearly didn’t understand the words that I was singing, but I was glad that I was entertaining them.
 My grandma always tells me not to drink beer. She says it’s not a drink for kids, so I should just drink softdrinks instead.
 It is not a drink for kids.
More Weird Kid Stories:
- A Shy Person’s Top 8 Worries and Fears
- Bike and Bleed
- Ja’s Early Birthday Parties
- Ja’s Weird Childhood Games
- Ja’s Weird Childhood Games (Part 2)
- Ja’s Weird Fears (past and present)
- Little Ja’s First Cooking Class
- Maids Always Leave
- Velveteen Teddy
Check out my other blog categories.