I love quotes. I’ve been posting them on my room, on Facebook, and on Twitter, so I decided to put them all in one entry. Here are some of the quotes I’ve collected so far. I will add more quotes here because I just like collecting lots of quotes.
- “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”–Albert Einstein
- No one is given a dream unless given the power to make it true.–Richard Bach (modified version, because I like this phrasing better)
- “Happy girls are the prettiest.”–Audrey Hepburn
- “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.”–Nora Roberts
- Be kind, for every person you meet is fighting a harder battle.–Plato (modified version, because I like this phrasing better)
- “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.”–Eleanor Roosevelt
- “You can’t connect the dots looking forward, you can only connect them looking backward…So you have to trust in something, your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. Believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart even if it leads you off the well worn path, and that will make all the difference.”–Steve Jobs
- From Climbing the Mango Trees by Mahdur Jaffrey:
I needed Amina’s approval. I had heard that she was an artist. So, one day, I waited for her outside the art room, drawing book in hand….
“Amina,” I said, “I want to show you my drawing.”
She looked at it.
“What do you think?” I persisted.
“Do you like it?” she asked me. “The most important thing is you should like it.”
- “I owe my success to the fact that I never had a clock in my workroom.”– Thomas Edison
- “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”– Albert Einstein
- “An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.”–Mahatma Gandhi
- “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all—in which case, you fail by default.”–J.K. Rowling
- “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”–Apple Inc.
- “I go by instinct–I don’t worry about experience.”–Barbra Streisand
- “A recent study shows that the heart grows weaker everytime we do something opposite of what we feel.”–Reader’s Digest
- “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”–H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”– Steve Jobs
- “All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise you something great will come out of it.”–Benjamin Mee, We Bought a Zoo
- “Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity.”
- “Fake it till you make it.”
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.”
- “Never give up on something you can’t go a day without thinking about.”
- “Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the Devil says, ‘Oh no, she’s up.'”
- “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”― John Lennon
- “The beautiful part of writing is that you don’t have to get it right the first time unlike, say, brain surgery.”–R. Cormier
- “The creative process is a process of surrender, not control.”- Julia Cameron
- “What if there were no such thing as a writer? What if everyone simply wrote? What if there were no ‘being a real writer’ to aspire to?”-Julia Cameron, The Right to Write
- “Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.”–Jalal ad-Din Rumi
- “Write something down; don’t think something up.”–Julia Cameron, The Right to Write
- “If only we give ourselves permission to write “badly,” so many of us would write very well indeed.”–Julia Cameron, The Right to Write
- “Bad writing–when it’s good–is like New York street pizza. Sometimes it’s a little too crusty. Sometimes it’s a little soggy, but the tang is undeniable. It has flavor. Spice.”–Julia Cameron, The Right to Write
Check out my other blog categories.
Note: For some entries in this blog, a few names and details have been deliberately and willingly changed by the author. This is a personal decision made by the author for specific reasons known to her and is not an endorsement for censorship.