Holy week usually meant that it was time for my family to go on an outing. Everyone would be there–my aunts, uncles, cousins, and even family pets.
It was Good Friday when my cousins and I were at the veranda of our house in the province.
Someone said something silly, and we all burst out laughing.
My lola looked at us and said, “Huwag kayo tumawa. Patay ang Diyos!”
- Apple’s Childhood Crush
- Apple’s Great Escapes
- Conversations With Lola: Aling Dionisia’s Illness
- Conversations with Mama: The Binge Edition
- Finding Ja
- Ja and Apple: The Violent Little Kids
- Jeremy the Little Indian Giver
- Jeremy Threw a Rock at Me
- Little Eric and the Suggestion Box
- Little Evan the Bantay Bata Caller
- My Mother’s Top Five Weird Habits
- Playing Around the Coffin
Check out my other blog categories.
Note: For some entries in this blog, a few names and details have been deliberately and willingly changed by the author. This is a personal decision made by the author for specific reasons known to her and is not an endorsement for censorship.