I remember one class in creative writing where my teacher Mr. Reyes asked us if we had a reader in mind while we wrote. A classmate said no and that she only writes for herself because she doesn’t want to compromise her art.
Mr. Reyes paused, and then he proceeded to talk about two famous Filipino writers. One of these writers said that he didn’t care if he had only one reader. The other disagreed with him, and she said “I’m insecure, I want to be read.”
- A Template Draft
- A Writer’s Manifesto
- Confessions of a Diary Fanatic
- Descriptive Essay: Think before You Act
- Evolving Writing Habits
- How to Write Faster
- Ja’s Physical, Emotional, and Psychological State: As of Right Now
- Ja’s Writing Habits
- Making My Own Inspirational Quote
- The Light
- To Write with Ease
- What I’d Really Like to Say is
- Writing Exercise: A-Z Sentences
- Writing Exercise: The Morning Pages
- Writing Tip: Break It Down
- Writing Tip: How to Remember Contest and Workshop Deadlines
- Writing Tip: Make a Pact with the Universe
- Writing Tip: Out before In
- Writing Tip: Stay with It and Sit
Check out my other blog categories.
Note: For some entries in this blog, a few names and details have been deliberately and willingly changed by the author. This is a personal decision made by the author for specific reasons known to her and is not an endorsement for censorship.