The wind, the earth, the sea…
Throw in some emotion,
Blast it with imagery…
What does it take to write a deep poem?
Maybe a high school kid knows what it is.
When I was in second year high school, we had to perform one of our poems in front of class. One of my classmates approached me after and said “Ang ganda ng poem mo, ang deep.” I was glad, but when I asked her if she could comment about the message of the poem, she said “Hindi ko alam. Hindi ko maintindihan eh. Basta maganda.”
- High School Fun: The Weirdest Thing about Me
- Jumping Ja
- My Favorite High School Skit: Ikemefuna Writes to Maalaala Mo Kaya
- PJAM Tries Friendship Counseling
- The Cult that is PJAM (Part 1): Ja Doesn’t Befriend the World
- The Cult that is PJAM (Part 2): The Recruitment Stage
Check out my other blog categories.
Note: For some entries in this blog, a few names and details have been deliberately and willingly changed by the author. This is a personal decision made by the author for specific reasons known to her and is not an endorsement for censorship.