Little Ja wakes up to a beautiful morning. Mama bursts through her door singing, “I love, I love papaya, in the, in the morning!”
The table is set with bright orange sliced papayas doused with calamansi and sprinkled with brown sugar. Little Ja and mama sing in between bites, “I love, I love papaya, in the, in the morning!”
For more My Awesome Filipino Family posts, check out:
- Apple’s Childhood Crush
- Apple’s Great Escapes
- Childhood Game: May Butas Ang Puwet Mo!
- Conversations With Lola: Aling Dionisia’s Illness
- Conversations with Mama: The Binge Edition
- Easter Egg Hunting for Grown Ups
- Finding Ja
- Grandma and Good Fridays: No Laughing Allowed
- Ja and Apple: The Violent Little Kids
- Jeremy the Little Indian Giver
- Jeremy Threw a Rock at Me
- Little Eric and the Suggestion Box
- Little Evan the Bantay Bata Caller
- My Mother’s Top Five Weird Habits
- Playing Around the Coffin
Check out my other blog categories.
Note: For some entries in this blog, a few names and details have been deliberately and willingly changed by the author. This is a personal decision made by the author for specific reasons known to her and is not an endorsement for censorship.
All the opinions expressed in this page and in this blog are my own and do not represent the official stances of the companies, institutions, and organizations that I am affiliated with.