- Every article about writing starts with one advice: write.
- Don’t try to be original. Try to speak the truth. Whatever that truth is for you.
- When I feel insecure about my writing skills, I tell myself: it’s not your place to criticize; your responsibility is to write.
- Whenever I feel lost and confused, and I start thinking, what am I going to do with my life? the universe gives me one answer: just write.
- I’ve written it already. Problem is, it’s still stuck inside my head.
- There’s always time to read a book.
- Write as a way of thinking, to track down thoughts, to be free on paper. Tracking down thoughts is like tracking down light–it’s a speed, a collection of particles; it’s not a formula, not a rigid block.
- Art is but an occurrence of beauty after constant creation.
- Just write.
- “Write something down; don’t think something up.”-Julia Cameron.
- “Art is one of the few careers without a mandatory retirement age.”-Julia Cameron
- “I write because I’ve always written, can’t stop. I am a writing animal. The way a silk worm is a silk-producing animal.” ~Doris Lessing
- “Shut up and write.”–Natalie Goldberg, Writing Down the Bones
- ”Keep your hand moving.”–Natalie Goldberg, Writing Down the Bones
- “To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.”– Joseph Chilton Pearce
- “Crazymakers are those personalities that create storm centers. They are often charismatic, frequently charming, highly inventive, and powerfully persuasive. And, for the creative person in their vicinity, they are enormously destructive.”–Julia Cameron, The Artist’s Way
- “Art? You just do it.”–Martin Ritt
- Writing challenge: Go to a noisy food court and write.
- Writing prompt: Revamp a classic fairy tale.
- Writing prompt: Ride a jeep and listen in on a conversation.
- Start a collection of “spark words” (The Writer’s Block by Jason Rekulak) or words that will trigger your imagination.
- Go on a writing date. Meet a friend at a coffee shop, sit in silence, and write.
- Fear is a ghost. You can go through life believing it doesn’t exist.
- I want to be a cheerleader. I want to cheer you on and lead you towards inspiration.
- Be present.
- I refuse to die before my death.
- Happiness is a very lucrative investment.
- No one is given a dream unless given the power to make it true.–Richard Bach (modified version, because I like this phrasing better)
- “Destiny is usually just around the corner. Like a thief, a hooker, or a lottery vendor: its three most common personifications. But what destiny does not do is home visits. You have to go for it.”–Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Shadow of the Wind
- “People succeed in groups.”–The Happiness Project
- “What a wonderful life I’ve had! I only wish I’d realized it sooner.”–Colette
- ”There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy.”–Robert Louis Stevenson
- “All is well.”–Rancho, 3 Idiots
- “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.”–Aristotle
- “Contemporary research shows that happy people are more altruistic, more productive, more helpful, more likable, more creative, more resilient, more interested in others, friendlier, and healthier. Happy people make better friends, colleagues, and citizens.”–Gretchen Rubin, The Happiness Project
- ”Do not fear mistakes. There are none.”–Miles Davis
- “Many a false step was made by standing still.”–Fortune cookie, from The 4-Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss
- “Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action.”–Benjamin Disraeli
- “Set aside a certain number of days, during which you shall be content with the scantiest and cheapest fare, with course and rough dress, saying to yourself the while: ‘Is this the condition that I feared?’”–Seneca
- “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.”–Samuel Beckett
- “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”–Albert Einstein
- “Happy girls are the prettiest.”–Audrey Hepburn
- ”If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.”–Nora Roberts
- Be kind, for every person you meet is fighting a harder battle.–Plato (modified version, because I like this phrasing better)
- “You can’t connect the dots looking forward, you can only connect them looking backward…So you have to trust in something, your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. Believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart even if it leads you off the well worn path, and that will make all the difference.”–Steve Jobs
- “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.”–Eleanor Roosevelt
- How do you know that you’re not into a guy? When you consider meeting him without deodorant.
- “More cappuccino!”–Jessica Zafra, Neither Fish nor Rock, Twisted 3
- Talking about the Pasig river: “I don’t know where the crocodiles have gone. Perhaps they have died, perhaps they have mutated. They may still be down there in that fetid goop, if they have not gone on to politics.”–Jessica Zafra, Sunlight, Boats, Crocodiles, Twisted 3
- I love sinuknani! What’s your favorite Filipino dessert?
- He’s not the one who got away. He’s the fucker who thank god didn’t like you.
- Gay people are fun. Bigots are boring.
- Just because you learned something because of cruelty, doesn’t make the cruelty right. If a rape victim becomes an activist, it doesn’t make the rape a good learning experience.
- Religion is founded on goodness but why does it inspire so much hate?
- “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”–Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.”–C.G. Jung
- “There are no ambitions noble enough to justify breaking someone’s heart. ”― Colleen McCullough, The Thorn Birds
- “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”–Mark Twain
- “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”–Albert Einstein
- What was your childhood dream? Are you still trying to make it come true?
- What helps you write?
- What makes you happy?
- In a world of possibilities, how do you know you’re not meant to be in Tajikistan?
Do you have any comments and suggestions regarding my Facebook and Twitter accounts? Please leave a comment below!
- Blogging Tip: Add an In-Case-You-Missed-It GIF Sidebar Picture
- How My Blog Got Featured by Coffee Bean’s Inspirational Website
- Once You Post Something on Social Media, Everyone Will See It, Right? Wrong!
- To Shift or Not To Shift Goes Viral Again
- What Happens When You Start a Blog
- Click here for more Blog and Social Media
Check out my other blog categories.
Note: For some entries in this blog, a few names and details have been deliberately and willingly changed by the author. This is a personal decision made by the author for specific reasons known to her and is not an endorsement for censorship.
All the opinions expressed in this page and in this blog are my own and do not represent the official stances of the companies, institutions, and organizations that I am affiliated with. I am a person. I’m not just a manifestation of corporate interests. I have an identity that is separate from those companies and other entities because even if human beings are paid for a service by corporations, human beings are not owned by corporations.