- “You can’t connect the dots looking forward, you can only connect them looking backward…So you have to trust in something, your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. Believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart even if it leads you off the well worn path, and that will make all the difference.”–Steve Jobs
- “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”– Albert Einstein
- “I owe my success to the fact that I never had a clock in my workroom.”– Thomas Edison
- “Fake it till you make it.”
- “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all—in which case, you fail by default.”–J.K. Rowling
- “I go by instinct–I don’t worry about experience.”–Barbra Streisand
- “A recent study shows that the heart grows weaker everytime we do something opposite of what we feel.”–Reader’s Digest
- “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”–H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”– Steve Jobs
- “All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and I promise you something great will come out of it.”–Benjamin Mee, We Bought a Zoo
- “Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity.”
- “All visionaries are loony; the progress of the human species has been determined by individuals who have no great desire to be normal.”–Jessica Zafra, Dante’s Subirbia, Twisted 3
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.”
- “Never give up on something you can’t go a day without thinking about.”
- “Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the Devil says, ‘Oh no, she’s up.’”
- “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”― John Lennon
- “Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.”–Jalal ad-Din Rumi
- “Thanks for the adventure–Now go have a new one!”–Ellie’s note written on the scrapbook, Up
- “Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart. “–Anne Frank
- “Know your own happiness. Want for nothing but patience — or give it a more fascinating name: Call it hope.”–Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility
- “My, what beautiful blossoms we have this year. But look, this one’s late. But I’ll bet that when it blooms, it will be the most beautiful of all. “–Fa Zhou, Mulan
- I am pro-happiness.
- Confidence is but constant vigilance against negative thoughts.
- Nowadays, I’m starting to realize, confidence lang katapat ng lahat.
- Not all who fail to wander have settled down. Some have merely settled.
- If you want to give up, give up, or you can wait until after your 100,000th failure and gain success.
- Be present.
- Say yes to opportunities. Say no to fear.
- My goals for today: write and be happy
- “The beautiful part of writing is that you don’t have to get it right the first time unlike, say, brain surgery.”–R. Cormier
- “The creative process is a process of surrender, not control.”- Julia Cameron
- “What if there were no such thing as a writer? What if everyone simply wrote? What if there were no ‘being a real writer’ to aspire to?”-Julia Cameron, The Right to Write
- From Climbing the Mango Trees by Mahdur Jaffrey:I needed Amina’s approval. I had heard that she was an artist. So, one day, I waited for her outside the art room, drawing book in hand….“Amina,” I said, “I want to show you my drawing.”She looked at it.“What do you think?” I persisted.“Do you like it?” she asked me. “The most important thing is you should like it.”
- “Write something down; don’t think something up.”–Julia Cameron, The Right to Write
- “If only we give ourselves permission to write “badly,” so many of us would write very well indeed.”–Julia Cameron, The Right to Write
- “Bad writing–when it’s good–is like New York street pizza. Sometimes it’s a little too crusty. Sometimes it’s a little soggy, but the tang is undeniable. It has flavor. Spice.”–Julia Cameron, The Right to Write
- “The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”–Sylvia Plath
- “Don’t wait until you know who you are to start making things.”–Austin Kleon, Steal Like an Artist
- There’s always time to read a book.
- Do something crazy; write something crazy.
- Be brave enough to say: I am a writer. No caveats; no apologies.
- If you don’t know me, the paper knows it all.
- Write like lightning–without the commas of insecurities or the periods of fears
- Writing challenge: Get lost. Ride a random jeep and go to a place you’ve never been to before. Write about it.
- Writing challenge: write in SM’s foodcourt.
- Comfort challenge: Go to Balete drive. Find out what it’s all about.
- Childhood time travel: Do things you used to love doing as a kid. Do things children love doing these days. Write about it.
- “Kids, you can’t talk yourself into falling in love. It doesn’t take days of deliberation. When it’s real, you know pretty quickly, and with absolute certainty. I had forgotten that, but I was about to be reminded.”–Ted, How I Met Your Mother
- “I’ll never let go, Jack. I’ll never let go. “–Rose, Titanic
Feminist/Social Issues Quotes
- “Heels are a male invention designed to make women’s butt look smaller and to make it harder for them to run away.”–Viola, She’s the Man
- “People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.”
― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
Feminist/Social Issues Stuff
- If it’s instinctive, but you can’t explain it, it doesn’t stand.
- I don’t ever want to be drunk with power.
- “Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.”–Sheldon’s lullaby, The Big Bang Theory
- “What they lack in experience they make up for…in inexperience.”–MacKenzie, The Newsroom
- “One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.”–Sheldon, The Big Bang Theory
- “You lost me at carrots, which was the first draft of ‘you had me at hello’.”–Lorelai, Gilmore Girls
- “The business is very good, and the office is very big, and the bank is very nice.”–Dora as Kimmy, Kimmy Dora
- “Brutus is just as cute as Caesar. Brutus is just as smart as Caesar. People totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar. And when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody, huh? Because that’s not what Rome is about. We should totally just STAB Caesar!”–Gretchen, Mean Girls
- Boy: Yang paparating na jeep ung mayabang na driver
Jeepney Driver *shouts at jeep*: BASAAAAAA!!!!
Boy: Bakit basa?
Jeepney Driver: Kasi basa ung kilikili niya.
- Stop all alerts forever and ever and ever. Send to 2363
- Your alarm clock is your best friend. Chant it. Repeat thrice a day or as needed.
- Malabong mashup (SING IT!): I’m dreaming of a white Christmas…wish ko lang
- What do you do when you have writer’s block?
- What wordpress theme do you use for your blog?
- Currently reading: Planet of the Twisted (Twisted 3) by Jessica Zafra. What are you reading right now?
- My secret cheap chic shopping place is Philcoa. What’s yours?
- I want to go to a perya. Not an amusement park, not a theme park, but a perya.
- In the Philippines, September means Christmas is near!
- To all Filipinos, what is wrong with this dialogue: Mabuhay, Pedro! Musta na ang work?Yep, normal Filipinos don’t go around greeting each other with “Mabuhay!”
- “An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.”–Mahatma Gandhi
- Best job interview question: Is your course related to the position you’re applying for? If not, why did you endure years of it?
- Stop looking for manuals. Experiment. Experience.
- Whenever I waste my time on the internet, I say to myself, actually I’m getting a PHD in everything I’m interested in.
- When I was a kid, I’d pretend to have the power to make traffic disappear. I need that one right now.
- Hectic 3 days! Went to 1LaBS, then to dim2012, then straight to tita norma’s birthday. Now I’m really tired, but I’m also really happy. 🙂
American Idol Concert Live Tweet
- Super super excited!
- AI concert starts 8pm!
- Watching American Idol tonight! I’m so excited!
- Lining up for American Idol! Haha atat ba?
- I’m the 7th person in line at the red gate. When I arrived, there was no line. I thought about going to Gateway first, but I decided against that when people started lining up
- So many people are so prepared. They brought folding chairs and everything. Haha sorry first time ko makapunta sa concert.
- Everyone is sitting on the dirty dusty floor.
- 6 hours till the American Idol concert!
- Countdown: 5 hrs
- There are people here who came all the way from Cavite! Like me they are all excited to see Jessica Sanchez!
- There’s a group here wearing American Idol t-shirts, and they are cheering Jessica’s name. Naks for effort ;-p
- To all consumed liquids inside my body, kindly be advised that you are not allowed to fill up my bladder during the American Idol concert. Thanks.
- I wish I could tweet pics of the AI concert but my phone is so low tech.
- Free kitkat! Yey!
- Ok so the two people before me were reserving the line for a whole family. I am no longer the 7th person in line. Shocks.
- They opened the gates! Yey!
- Got my camera out. Now to document this entire chiz, baby!
- Apparently senior citizens can cut the line. Ma, you should have bought a ticket.
- People are running up the stairs! Senior citizens are complaining that people got ahead of them. Drama at the concert!
- We are in the theater but we are still not allowed to go to the seats. The senior citizens are still asking the guards to let them in ahead of the crowd.
- ‘She’s disabled. She should be ahead. Sa America ganun. Sa Araneta hindi’
- ‘Kawawa naman mga senior walang kahanginhangin’
- ‘Walang tulakan. May mga disabled dito.’
- Manager: Ayaw pa papasukin kasi nagrereherse pa. Galit na person: Bakit nyo pa kami pinapasok? Kinakausap ka ng mabuti *shouts*
- Pinapasok na mga seniors pero sinarado ulit ung gate kasi nagkakagulo
- ‘Kanina pa ako nakapila tapos pag dating dito gulo-gulo lang pala’-galit na person
- I ran up the stairs coz I saw people running. I’m now waiting in line for upper box. I should have gone for patron. Shem split decision mishap.
- ‘Wag na kayo magpapasok’ ‘Refund nalang’ ‘Kuya dapat nagpapila kayo kasi ang labas nito tulakan kasi ang gulo-gulo’
- ‘Kapag na-hospital ba kami kayo magbabayad’
- ‘Kawawa naman ung mga nauna. Hindi magiging ok ung seat nila kasi ang gulo’
- ‘Kuya, itanong ninyo naman kung puwede magpapasok’
- ‘Kuya may nahimatay na’ *sarcastic* ‘Kuya di successful ung meeting ninyo kanina’ ‘Bakit pinapasok dito ang init. Sa labas nalang pinaghintay’
- ‘Kuya puwede bang buksan lang ng pinto kasi ang init. Utang na loob’ Door was opened but we are still allowed in.
- ‘We are perspiring here. You are not giving justice to us’ people booing. Drama
- ‘We don’t care if they are not finished yet.’
- ‘Take note speak in English at papapasukin kayo. Malakas ung boses at galit’
- A guy shouted at the guard. The guard let him in. People are shouting at the guard asking why he let that person in
- ‘Anong gusto ninyo dito mamatay na kami’
- ‘Kapag ito inatake ng asthma’ ‘Hindi kami nagbayad dito para mahirapan’
- ‘Kuya maghanap na kayo ng back up’
- ‘Kasi ung isang tao umeksena pa tapos pinapasok ni kuya tapos nagtulakan. Tayo ung madidisgrasya’
- People are booing. ‘hirap na mga tao dito’
- ‘Dapat magalit kayo sa promoter. Dapat tapos na ung practice kanina pa’
- ‘Bakit pinapasok ung nagalit eh di naman siya senior citizen. Ung mga senior citizen ok lang. Pero siya bakit ganon?’
- May babaeng naipit nung tulakan nung pinapasok ung nagalit na lalaki.
- ‘Kuya please back up. Utang na loob back up’
- 1 hr before American Idol. Live tweeting
- ‘Kuya magpapasok ka na. Kung magalit boss mo isa lang un. Kami lahat galit sa iyo’
- ‘Bakit sila ngayon nagpapractice? Dapat ung thurs sila nagpractice’ ‘Wag ka na magreklamo please’
- Experienced jumping on chairs to get to good seats before the crowd gets in. Wohoo my first concert experience!
- Hindi pala puwede ung ticket ko sa patron. Haha. Mali tingin ko. Nasa upperbox so ok na ito.
- Walter Wong, I saw your ‘brother’ Walter. Haha.
- They should have trailers while waiting. If there aren’t concert trailers, maybe movie trailers?
- I already had early dinner but I bought popcorn, hotdog, and coke. Takawtingin!
- I decided against buying the binoculars. I don’t need them right? Upper box ako
- 4 minutes till 8pm but concerts never start on time. Inip na ako.
- Popcorn and hotdog don’t taste good. I should have gone for pizza.
- People are clapping every time a commercial ends
- Omg! It’s starting!
- Everyone is screaming!
- Sira ung isang part ng screen
- They r on stage! Heejun!
- Crowd goes wild for jessica!
- Colton ‘ur d loudest crowd we’ve had so far!’
- Deandre performs with a colorful flower backdrop. Are you sure you’re Jessica’s boyfriend?
- Deandre twirls. Love it!
- Skylar and Hollie duet singing a Carrie Underwood song. Hollie has a lot of fans!
- Why isn’t skylar jumping around? I want the crazy country girl
- Pink hair with a veil eryka. Did i spell her name right?
- Eryka (sp?) pleases the crowd with her high notes. Yes ur voice is like sugar.
- Seeing the sexy side of hollie in moves like jagger
- Heejun raps!
- Whole lotta love!
- Rumor has it rock-ified
- A thousand glow sticks in the dark. Awesome!
- Crowd goes wild kasi naayos temporarily ung screen. Colton thnks it’s for hs high notes.
- Where’s Philip?
- I bought some binoculars during intermission
- I want a Jessica solo! Can’t wait for the second half to start!
- Clips of Ryan Seacrest introducing the idols and announcing the intermission. Weird or awesome?
- Jessica growls a beyonce song! ‘mahal ko kayong lahat’-jessica
- Jessica sings How come u dnt col me. It was perfect!
- Crowd shouting more! Bt jessica’s solos are over. Wah.
- Joshua singing it’s a man’s world with so much swag and soul!
- Joshua screams and the crowd goes wild!
- Standing ovation for joshua!
- Jessica and joshua duet!
- Crowd screaming for philip!
- Philip adds beatbox to his song!
- ‘i got the nerves. Whooo’-philip
- Electric guitar intro and philip sings another usher song. Of course he doesn’t sing the melody
- I hope he sings home
- Jessica sings the girl part of volcano
- Yey home!
- Aww it’s over. Jessica was awesome!
- Jessica sings better than philip but the crowd was really wild for philip. He seemed kinda drunk or high.
- People are holding up the exit because they are taking pictures of the AI poster. Err…
Laguna Blogging Summit Live Tweet
- I can’t wait for tom! I’m attending the Laguna Blogging Summit at Sta. Cruz, Laguna!
- Woke up early for the Laguna Blogging Summit! Yey!
- I’m now at the Laguna Blogging Summit! Took jump shots near a really pretty fountain while waiting for the event to start.
- Someone is grilling Tony Ahn about bloggers getting paid with cash. Serious conversation here at the summit!
- ‘The click matters. The click is powerful.’–Elizabeth Angsioco
- I just got interviewed by TV5. Cool!
- I talked to Elizabeth Angsioco about feminist issues! Awesome!
- Mama got interviewed by TV5! She’s so charming and cute!
- I earn $3,000 a month from blogging’–Fitz Villafuerte. Sana ako rin!
- How much should a blogger charge advertisers? ‘Magkano ang pinakababang masaya ka?’–Fitz Villafuerte
- ‘Ang branding di lang pang produkto puwede ring pang tao’– Pocholo Gonzalez
- ‘Nobody is perfect. I’m nobody. Therefore, I’m perfect.’– Lloyd Luna
- How do you become a motivational speaker? ‘Come up with a unique life story of struggle and success and make sure it touches the lives of those who read your blog’ —Lloyd Luna
- It’s the second day of the Laguna Blogging Summit!
- Formula for great blog post titles ‘number +adjective +key word +promise’–Mark Acsay
- I learned so many awesome things about marine life from Jayvee Fernandez!
- Did you know that the Philippine coastline is the same as the coastline of the U.S.? That’s huge, but we only have 200 marine biologists’— Jayvee Fernandez
- My new favorite dessert: Gardenia ‘s chocolate muffin!
- So many free stuff from Gardenia! Love it!
- ‘One way to build your identity in the blogging community is showing up’–Janette Toral
- ‘Whatever rules you want to apply bloggers, fine, basta dapat sa journalists din’–Janette Toral
- Group politics in blogging: ‘Kapag nagkakaintrigahan kampihan yan’–Janette Toral
- What kind of blogger do you tap for events? ‘Your blog is about 3 months old. You write 8 good posts a month. You have followers.’—Janette Toral
- Save the best for last. Janette Toral’s talk was the best one ever! What a great way to end the Laguna Blogging Summit!
- Watch tv5 today at 6p.m. My mom and I were intervied about the Laguna Blogging Summit.
Digital Influencers Marketing Summit Live Tweet
- On my way to SMX!
- I can’t believe I’m at the Digital Influencers Marketing Summit! So awesome!
- Crazy effects of the cybercrime law ‘Bawal ka na magpadasal. That’s personal info.’– Atty. Disini
- Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here’s my number, don’t disclose it, baby.
- The subjectivity of libel: ’What’s one man’s joke is another man’s libel. That’s why in some countries libel is decriminalized.’— Atty. Disini
- A really great talk by Rosario Juan! I learned a lot!
- Watching Ugat, Ugnayan, Obusan: The 40th Anniversary Presentation of the Ramon Obusan Folkloric Group.
- Sarap ng sisig sa Aling Tonya’s sa Mall of Asia!
Do you have any comments and suggestions regarding my Facebook and Twitter activities? Please leave a comment below!
- Blogging Tip: Add an In-Case-You-Missed-It GIF Sidebar Picture
- In Defense of Facebook: 5 Reasons Why I Love Facebook
- Migrating Photos to Imgur
- Once You Post Something on Social Media, Everyone Will See It, Right? Wrong!
- What Happens When You Start a Blog
- Click here for more Blog and Social Media
Check out my other blog categories.
Note: For some entries in this blog, a few names and details have been deliberately and willingly changed by the author. This is a personal decision made by the author for specific reasons known to her and is not an endorsement for censorship.
All the opinions expressed in this page and in this blog are my own and do not represent the official stances of the companies, institutions, and organizations that I am affiliated with. I am a person. I’m not just a manifestation of corporate interests. I have an identity that is separate from my company because even if human beings are paid for a service by corporations, human beings are not owned by corporations.