If you hear video game gun shots in the middle of the road, don’t worry you’re just in Manila. In this city, jeeps aren’t normal vehicles with honking horns. Instead, there’s the “Fire! Fire!” horn, the “Ahahahaha!” gay-laugh horn, and more.
Creativity or weirdness?
- For Filipinos ‘Salvage’ Means Murder
- Why Do Filipinos Name Their Babies “Baby”?
- Stationary Jeeps: Countdown until Take Off
- Filipinos Don’t Say Mabuhay
- Signs and Sensibility: No Parking
- Click the Philippines for more posts under this category
Check out my other blog categories.
Note: For some entries in this blog, a few names and details have been deliberately and willingly changed by the author. This is a personal decision made by the author for specific reasons known to her and is not an endorsement for censorship.
All the opinions expressed in this page and in this blog are my own and do not represent the official stances of the companies, institutions, and organizations that I am affiliated with. I am a person. I’m not just a manifestation of corporate interests. I have an identity that is separate from my company because even if human beings are paid for a service by corporations, human beings are not owned by corporations.