After writing My Life Plans As of Right Now, a lot of the goals I set up came true. This is why I’m writing an updated life plan with a specific monthly income: P50,000. It seems pretty unrealistic, but that’s what I thought when I was writing My Life Plans As of Right Now, but in a span of a few months, many of them became real. Here’s to hoping that this one becomes real as well.
So the updates
- My job as an art reporter fulfills my creative and intellectual needs.
- I am getting published.
- My job lets me experiment and explore because I get to travel, write about different subjects, and learn about arts and culture.
- The culture part fulfills my learn-something-Filipino goal.
- I’ve written about a feminist dance rally, so that fulfills my equality-advocacy goal.
- Because of my work I’ve traveled to Bali, Hong Kong, Palawan, Baguio, Cavite, and Rizal. I also went to Puerto Galera for Malasimbo.
- I am meeting great people, and I am interviewing them.
- I am saving a part of my salary.
I know journalists don’t get P50,000 monthly salaries, that is unless they become corrupt, and of course I don’t want to be like that. I don’t want to quit my job and work as a slave in a corporation either. So what I want is to discover a non-writing income generating talent.
I don’t want to get more writing gigs because I get so tired after work, that if ever I have any writing strength left in me, I’d like to devote that to writing what I want to write instead of writing what I need to write.
I want to write here in my blog or work on my stories. I can do that kind of writing the whole day, but finishing an income generating writing task gets so tiring.
I can also get into passive income like buy some insurance or stocks. Who knows? All I know is I put it out there: P50,000 monthly income, so universe, the ball is in your court.
For more inspirational stories, check out these links:
- 3 Simple Happiness Boosters
- Learning Honesty: Feelings about Other People
- My Life Ideas Notebook
- I’m a happy artist
- My Life Plans As of Right Now
- Click inspirational stories for more posts under this category
Check out my other blog categories.
Note: For some entries in this blog, a few names and details have been deliberately and willingly changed by the author. This is a personal decision made by the author for specific reasons known to her and is not an endorsement for censorship.
All the opinions expressed in this page and in this blog are my own and do not represent the official stances of the companies, institutions, and organizations that I am affiliated with. I am a person. I’m not just a manifestation of corporate interests. I have an identity that is separate from my company because even if human beings are paid for a service by corporations, human beings are not owned by corporations.