I saw this umbrella in our village and I wondered why it got broken. Then I thought that this would be a cool writing prompt. So here are the rules.
- Describe the broken umbrella. What is its color? In what way is it mangled? Where did you see it? Add any other details that you wish.
- Imagine the owner of the umbrella. The characteristics of the owner must be linked to what the umbrella looks like.
- Think of another character who the owner had a conflict with
- Think of a scene that explains why the umbrella got broken and why it was abandoned on the streets
- Why I Don’t Have Writer’s Block: A Comprehensive List of Tips and Tricks
- Answering Questions about My Notebooks and My Writing Process
- Confessions of a Diary Fanatic
- To Shift or Not to Shift
- Writing Tip: Make a Pact with the Universe
- Click here for more Writing Exercises and Adventures.
Check out my other blog categories.
Note: For some entries in this blog, a few names and details have been deliberately and willingly changed by the author. This is a personal decision made by the author for specific reasons known to her and is not an endorsement for censorship.
All the opinions expressed in this page and in this blog are my own and do not represent the official stances of the companies, institutions, and organizations that I am affiliated with. I am a person. I’m not just a manifestation of corporate interests. I have an identity that is separate from my company because even if human beings are paid for a service by corporations, human beings are not owned by corporations.