- Return checked papers the day after. Return major papers after one weekend. Huhu kaya ba ito?
- Exercise more: Once a month yoga, walk every Saturday and Sunday, jump rope everyday
- Eat more vegan food/ cook more: Cook 3 vegan meals this year, once a month read about vegan food, go to vegan restaurant, go to vegan bazaar, etc
- Do more outdoorsy stuff. Do one outdoorsy thing this year like camping or climbing a mountain
- Don’t buy books for an entire year. Borrow from the library, borrow from people, go to book cafes, reread books I have, read unread books, or swap books. This is inspired by a year of no shopping. However, in fairness to me, I rarely buy clothes and other stuff anymore. Buying craft materials is important though because I sell crafts. So the only things I spend too much money on are: books and eating out in restaurants. I have so many unread books, and I also reread my favorite books, so I think it’s time to take a pause on the buying.
So my mom told me that at the end of the year she rereads her planner. This helps her remember what happened during the year, and helps her plan the next year. That’s a good idea, but I couldn’t replicate it exactly. I use my phone as my planner and it automatically erases past events after a certain amount of time. So I decided to reread my diary. This was a much more challenging task but it yielded some interesting results.
There was a time when I made this mistake. I asked someone about what he thought about a certain thing, and I didn’t like the answer. Then, I realized that I never asked the question to know what he thought; I asked the question because I wanted someone to approve of what I had already thought. Not a good thing, no.