There are people who just don’t like you. That’s a reality. Even if you haven’t done anything to them, they just hate your guts, and they aren’t afraid to show it (Amazing!). I don’t know why in the past I’d still try to be nice to these people, but now I’m creating new rules for myself.
So on Facebook, I saw this photo of the 52-Week Money Challenge (100 peso weekly increment) by Peso Sense. It says that if I follow this, I will save P137,800 by the end of the year. That seems impossible, but I decided to give it a go. If I save that money, I’ll be able to pay all my utang. To make this work, I decided to prepare for it by creating rules and tools.
- Return checked papers the day after. Return major papers after one weekend. Huhu kaya ba ito?
- Exercise more: Once a month yoga, walk every Saturday and Sunday, jump rope everyday
- Eat more vegan food/ cook more: Cook 3 vegan meals this year, once a month read about vegan food, go to vegan restaurant, go to vegan bazaar, etc
- Do more outdoorsy stuff. Do one outdoorsy thing this year like camping or climbing a mountain
- Don’t buy books for an entire year. Borrow from the library, borrow from people, go to book cafes, reread books I have, read unread books, or swap books. This is inspired by a year of no shopping. However, in fairness to me, I rarely buy clothes and other stuff anymore. Buying craft materials is important though because I sell crafts. So the only things I spend too much money on are: books and eating out in restaurants. I have so many unread books, and I also reread my favorite books, so I think it’s time to take a pause on the buying.