When I was a kid, my mom enrolled me in an art class and she said that after one class, I told her, “Mama, I’m so happy.” I remember that class. We were taught to mix paint and detergent, then blow bubbles in the mix, and finally press paper on the paint-infused bubbles. I still have those bubbles preserved on the page as yellow and red forms, and I love it.
Continue reading “My Kiddie Art”
I found this happiness tracker called My Year in Pixels, and I made my own version:
So how does it work?
Continue reading “My Favorite Happiness Tracker”
So on Facebook, I saw this photo of the 52-Week Money Challenge (100 peso weekly increment) by Peso Sense. It says that if I follow this, I will save P137,800 by the end of the year. That seems impossible, but I decided to give it a go. If I save that money, I’ll be able to pay all my utang. To make this work, I decided to prepare for it by creating rules and tools.
Continue reading “Tools and Rules for My 52-Week Money Challenge”
- Return checked papers the day after. Return major papers after one weekend. Huhu kaya ba ito?
- Exercise more: Once a month yoga, walk every Saturday and Sunday, jump rope everyday
- Eat more vegan food/ cook more: Cook 3 vegan meals this year, once a month read about vegan food, go to vegan restaurant, go to vegan bazaar, etc
- Do more outdoorsy stuff. Do one outdoorsy thing this year like camping or climbing a mountain
- Don’t buy books for an entire year. Borrow from the library, borrow from people, go to book cafes, reread books I have, read unread books, or swap books. This is inspired by a year of no shopping. However, in fairness to me, I rarely buy clothes and other stuff anymore. Buying craft materials is important though because I sell crafts. So the only things I spend too much money on are: books and eating out in restaurants. I have so many unread books, and I also reread my favorite books, so I think it’s time to take a pause on the buying.
Continue reading “New Year’s Resolutions (2018)”
by Age of the Diary
I never remember
Whatever other people say.
I would say hello
Hope they don’t find out I’ve forgotten their names.
My memory is abysmal,
So I get shocked when people know something about me.
I’m like, ooh how do they know that?
They say I told them yesterday.
Continue reading “I Hear (Original Song)”
I often think of business ideas and inventions that I know I will never make. Either it’s because I don’t have the scientific knowledge to create the invention, or, I’m just not that into it to actualize the idea. Instead of letting the idea rot, I write about them in my inventions and ideas category. A part of me is hoping that someone will just take the idea and make it real (but still hopefully credit me for the idea or give me a shout-out). So I’ll benefit from my idea as a customer of that cool product. Or maybe my blog category will just be a repository of ideas, and someday I’ll find an opportunity to make them real.
I also thought about using these invention ideas to create a short story. I had my issues with writing fiction, so I thought, maybe it will be good to write fictional stories around the business/invention ideas that I have. So here’s one of those ideas. It’s called The Runaways.
Continue reading “The Runaways (Fiction/Business Idea)”
I am glad to announce that I have successfully completed a one-week Facebook and YouTube detox. From Nov. 20, 2017 to Nov. 26, 2017, I wasn’t allowed to check my Facebook and watch YouTube videos. Recently, I noticed that I’ve been overly checking Facebook and watching too many YouTube videos especially of the show Friends. In this post, I will tell you how I came up with this idea, the rules of the detox week, my progress, and my realizations.
Continue reading “Facebook and YouTube Detox Week (Nov 2017)”